My car had suffered from a water leak earlier in its life which had been traced to a line of factory sealant that was allowing a small amount of rain water through and down into the footwell.
I had the whole thing repaired and the floor bolts rust treasted etc.
However, I didn't buy new new foam. The existing was allowed to dry and then replaced, however I was never particularly happy with it. It was flatter than it should've been.
Eventually got round to buying a new piece to fit and took the old one out. Very easy job.
The floor pan is interesting to inspect. Again, the sealant looks to have been applied liberally and haphazardly..
The new foam part has a 964 part number, so I expect this part of the floor pan is identical to the 964. It has ribs and grooves that allow it to fit snugly into the foot well.
The foam has to be slid in underneath the carpet ends. It's a tight fit and the foam rises fairly high up the footwell - almost touching the bottom of the dash.
I used a 3M impact adhesive to glue the carpet to the top of the foam - which has a smooth, rubberized surface.
The overcarpet fits on top - secured by metal brackets. Then the Porsche overmat on top.
Although it's an easy job, I'll be very pissed off if I have to do it again. I hate a wet car.
Unrelated to the foam, but just for the sake of it, this is how I get two (young) kids in the back of the 993 with boosters.
And finally, after I did the foam, I spent a bit of time with the polish. Got a nice reflection of the houses in a very flat light...